Subject: Re: bpg request for comments
To: Manuel Freire <droggo@gmail.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/17/2005 20:37:10
On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 01:59:40AM +0200, Manuel Freire wrote:

> I'm thinking about the best option for the key management, and that's
> one of the things I want to ask you today: do you see any problem in
> using ssh for key management? As far as I know it's perfectly feasible,
> and it would also centralize the public keys management of the system.

You're kidding, right?

As far as I can tell SSH basically doesn't include any real key management
at all.  A GPG-equivalent program with "key management" like that in SSH,
from my point of view, would be missing much of the most important
functionality required to make it useful for most purposes for which
people use GPG.

Thor