Subject: cgd and replay
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Ted Unangst <tedu@zeitbombe.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 05/10/2005 21:24:19
it's my understanding that cgd doesn't provide any protection against
replay or other injection attacks.  this wasn't really addressed in the
paper, except in passing.  was it considered and rejected as outside
problem space?  too difficult?  essentially, does anybody care and how
much?  if i wanted to authenticate the data on the disk, what's the best
approach?

attack scenario is kinda like this.  some kind of network where the users
trust their laptops, but possibly not the large usb drive left in the
office over night, and want to detect tampering.

--
we want to stop reading magazines
stop watching tv