Subject: Re: spamd (was Re: CVS commit: src/etc)
To: NetBSD Security <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 04/13/2005 12:14:09
* Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com> [0451 17:51]:

> We have never shipped a release with this software.  Thus, it is not
> being `renamed', it is being `named'

I think that's a little nitpicky - you say this as though only developers
use current, which isn't true.

My point was that if you wanted to fix a naming inconsisteny (which I think
is most peoples beef with openbsd spamd - as far as I can make out just regarding the
binary, since the config doesn't clash), it would be more sensible to rename
the pkgsrc generated binaries and bump PKG_VERSION/PKG_MESSAGE, thereby
notifying all affected parties (users of the package) in one swell foop.

As it is, anyone coming over from another BSD has to look around to find where
netbsd put spamd ( or pfspamd if you prefer) which will be in the base of the
next release. I'm assuming spamassassin is staying in pkgsrc, of course :P

--
'Good news, everyone! I've taught the toaster to feel love!'
		-- Prof. Farnsworth