Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/etc
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-security
Date: 04/07/2005 02:00:13
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> Peter asked core about this.  Core approved it, based on similar
> rationale for the decision core made about new "system" users.

Thanks for speaking up as core@.

Can you please outline what the rationale is, and about what other
"system" users it is? Questions I see here are:

  * should future imports of this kind keep the original ("_", etc.)
    username, to give up consiscency in NetBSD over keep differences with
    other systems small?
  * should all "system" accounts be renamed to have a leading "_"?

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)