Subject: Re: snort daemon starts up and dies
To: Daniel Carosone <>
From: Jeffrey B. Green <>
List: tech-security
Date: 03/19/2005 17:32:44
Well, I'm able to change the soft limits but not the hard. Changing the
soft limit produces no change in the results. I tried to change the hard
limits via ulimit directly (I use ksh), sysctl -w, and sysctl.conf. No
change, the hard limit stays at proc.curproc.rlimit.maxproc.hard = 276.
Haven't found any ideas looking on the net. What do you suggest? Is
there an init that happens at boot time that can't be changed?