Subject: Re: Regarding the use of pam_ssh
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 02/28/2005 16:58:51
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> > people don't use remote xdm anymore?  i haven't for a few years but
> > in the past i did so heavily...
>
> I think it exists, but I think X terminals are a lot less common than
> they used to be.

They appear to be very commonly used for LTSP (Linux Terminal Server
Project) and similar. I have used it a few times and set it up for a
library with 16 workstations.

When I first tested LTSP, I used NetBSD as the DHCP, BOOTP, and TFTP
server for it. And for the final product, I used pkgsrc to provide the
software ran by the clients. (NetBSD should provide a ready-to-use
LTSP-alternative.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/