Subject: Re: Preventative security features?
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 11/14/2004 19:47:13
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:58:59 +1030
Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au> wrote:

> I just see too many problems and very few advantages to slicing up a
> big disk into itty bitty parts.

OK. I offered a possible preventative security feature. You've shown
reason to discard the the suggestion. I am actually conceding that this
suggestion is not implementable, not for obvious reasons, i.e., there's
something wrong with my suggestion, but because as others have already
communicated to me offline it will be impossible to get anyone to agree
to reasonable partitioning themes (even if one is the very partitioning
scheme you use). I have to agree that it's not worth expending the
energy to get this feature.

Now it is your turn to offer a possible preventative security feature.

tim