Subject: Re: Preventative security features?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 11/14/2004 08:35:01
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:12:06 +0100
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:

> I'm not sure what you are talking about. The current default
> partitioning is/ + swap only (if I remember my last sysinst run
> correctly).

I ran RC2 and got 32M /, swap, and the rest /usr. I've run RC4, but only
on an upgrade from 1.6.2, so it had the same partitioning scheme as
1.6.2 (which was the same as above).

However, it occurs to me that the disk that I did the install over had
been a 1.6.2 install before being reformatted as HFS+ and used briefly
in a Mac. When I brought this issue up on the macppc list, I was pointed
to the PR. If there are other cases where the default install is a
/+swap, and the PR was fixed, then I need to look into finding out if
sysinst will pick up previous installation partitioning schemes even
with an attempt to do a fresh install.

tim