Subject: Re: Preventative security features?
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-security
Date: 11/14/2004 14:12:06
On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 07:46:43AM -0500, Tim Kelly wrote:
> So far I haven't heard from anyone using a BSD install that uses the
> above scheme.

Most people I know switched to /+swap partition only installs long ago.

I only add additional partitions for special purpose things (like a non-
raided "scratch" partition for raid-only machines that sometimes generate
unimportant data and erase it later; or a special backup area reserved for
use of incremental backup scripts and DVD images).

> The current default partition scheme of 32M /, swap, and /usr
> will not build -current userland.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. The current default partitioning is
/ + swap only (if I remember my last sysinst run correctly).

Martin