Subject: Re: adding gpg to src/gnu/dist
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Love_H=F6rnquist_=C5strand?= <lha@it.su.se>
List: tech-security
Date: 05/17/2004 21:51:13
--=-=-=

Love <lha@stacken.kth.se> writes:

> der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> writes:
>
>> (S/MIME, maybe?)  The nbsvtool (or whatever) signatures can be checked
>> by the NetBSD tools
>
> nbsvtool generate CMS signatures, S/MIME is CMS signature. all nbsvtool
> gives you is a simple interface that pkg tools can use.

Less coffee, then I might understand your mail first time I read it..

I totally agree with you as you already might have figured out, but it
unclear what values pgp signatures are giving unless some policy is also
defined with them.

The policy for x509 + pkg is pretty simple, trust netbsd CA to only issue
certifiates with code-signing oid to releng. Policy for CA is diffrent
issue, but policy texts like that have been written before.

Love

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--