Subject: Re: PCSC-lite with USB smart card readers under NetBSD
To: UEZONO Kazutomo <uezono@inet.co.jp>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: tech-security
Date: 04/15/2004 07:12:26
--=-=-=

UEZONO Kazutomo <uezono@inet.co.jp> writes:

> Hi everyone,

Hi

> Does anyone use PCSC-lite with any USB readers under NetBSD?
>
> I have installed PCSC-lite-1.2.0 in NetBSD 1.6.1 and tried to use PD2102P
> (USB reader, manufactured by NTT Communications).  Of course I wrote my
> own driver for PD2102P.  After starting pcscd, the kernel hanged up
> right after recognizing the reader.  It failed in ugenpoll(), so I don't
> know how I can make it work.

I wrote a CCID driver for smartcard that I got to working with PCSC-lite. I
tested it with two CCID devices. Don't use it daily because I need
(non-related to the smardcard device itelf) code to be written first.

I can't find any non-japanese information about PD2102P so I don't know if
its a CCID device or not.

Love

http://people.su.se/~lha/patches/netbsd/uccid.c
http://people.su.se/~lha/patches/netbsd/uccidvar.h
http://people.su.se/~lha/patches/netbsd/libifh-uccid/

$ cat /etc/reader.conf

FRIENDLYNAME     "bsd usb foo"
DEVICENAME       GEN_SMART_RDR
LIBPATH          /usr/pkg/pcsc/drivers/uccid.so
CHANNELID        0x000000

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--