Subject: Re: static linking for NetBSD
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org, tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/16/2003 21:07:30
On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 03:15:55AM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> If you're talking about the client API alone, then perhaps.  However if
> you're talking about the whole framework then you've missed the whole
> point about BSD Auth and you need to start over.

No, please don't.  It is not necessary.

> Personally I find ignoring the mass market on issues like this to be a
> VERY good thing.

For you personally, maybe.  For the NetBSD project as a whole, not so
sure.  To me it sounds like what you are proposing will result in
having to "fix up" all sorts of third party applications to use the
auth framework whereas going for something that is more broadly
supported means we, the NetBSD people, can put our minds to solving
other problems.

--
Brett Lymn