Subject: Re: BSD auth for NetBSD
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/12/2003 22:27:29
--=-=-=

Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> writes:

> On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 01:23  PM, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>
>> However I've not yet seen one shred of evidence which would show that
>> there could be any kind of problem with implementing PAM afterwards or
>> even with implementing PAM support via a BSD Auth proxy authenticator.
>
> What sort of evidence do you need other than "some authenticators need
> to modify the context of the process".  You can't currently do that
> with the proxy scheme used by BSD Auth.
>
> If you have a solution for this problem, hey, we're all ears.

I would say that there should be something like the setenv but instead a
callfunc module stringargument (module magic sent up over the fd that binds
togther libbsdauth and the autheticating module). And then the libbsdauth
lib should dlopen module in /lib/whever/lib<module>.so and dlsym
<somesymbol> an call that with the argument <stringargument>.

This is of course just oneway, I guess it could be make twoway someway.

I have no idea if this i good enough.

Love

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--