Subject: Re: CryptoGraphic Disk.
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-security
Date: 10/06/2002 22:13:41
On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Todd Vierling wrote:
> Something similar to a portalfs would probably work better, mind you,
> because it can all be emulated in userland.  In fact, sequential readonly
> access is possible with the current portal scheme.  However, to implement
> writing or random access emulation, you'll need to intercept seek(), etc.
> calls.

Uhu. I understand writing esp. in the middle of files is interesting.
But for a start, a read-only filesystem that was "pre-compressed" would be
enough - what I have in mind is a CD that has more than 650MB.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/