Subject: Re: openssl license change
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/24/2002 12:47:48
John Nemeth wrote:
> Chris Wareham wrote:
> > The OpenBSD guys seem to taking it badly. They're planning on forking
>
> Yeah, so?  They take everything badly and have a tendency to react
> in a rash manner.  I'm not saying that it is good or bad.  I'm just
> saying that TNF shouldn't base its decisions on what OpenBSD does.

My reason for pointing out that Theo and the boys had issues with the
license is because the issues *may* be pertinent to NetBSD. If the
OpenBSD answer is a fork when the offending code may be omitted at
compile time, then they may be making unnecessary work for themselves.

Chris
--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
cwareham@btinternet.com (home)