Subject: RE: 'WXP 'phoning home ' (was 1024 bit key considered insecure (sshd))
To: Dave Feustel <dfeustel@mindspring.com>
From: Actually davidchr <davespam@microsoft.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/16/2002 15:15:44
> What you will see (among other things)
> is msimn attempting to access the internet even
> when you're not using OE (the mail program).

Interesting.  Any idea where it's going?  If you could get a sniff, I'd
like very much to take a look at it.  If OE is doing something that even
_looks_ unseemly, it's probably worth my time to investigate it. =20

More examples would be great, too, so I can hunt them down and find out
what they're doing. =20

-----
This message is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
Message may originate from an unmonitored alias ("davespam").  If so,
use "davidchr" if a direct reply is required.=20
Any opinions or policies stated within are my own and do not necessarily
constitute those of my employer.
I reside in Washington, USA, where Title 19 declares that sending me
Unsolicited Commercial Email can result in a $500 fine.
Harvesting of this address for purposes of bulk email (spam and UCE) is
expressly prohibited unless by my explicit prior request.  I retaliate
viciously against spammers and spam sites.