Subject: Re: Long RSA keys
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Seth Kurtzberg <seth@cql.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 08/29/2002 19:16:35
Everyone is writing as if Perry can't be correct because the nature and
complexity of this problem is unknown.  That is simply untrue.  And the
assertion that he is wrong because he has studied the subject extensively is,
well, ...difficult to understand.  The fact is, Perry's assertions are
absolutely of the correct order of magnitude.  While the distant future is
perhaps not possible to predict, the near future certainly is, at least for
technology that must be manufactured in quantity.  And there will be ample
warning when a threat to 1024 bit keys becomes practical.

--
Seth Kurtzberg