Subject: Re: 1024 bit key considered insecure (sshd)
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Seth Kurtzberg <seth@cql.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 08/29/2002 08:02:23
The other piece of the crypto puzzle that is frequently misunderstood (not
flames! I'm not saying misunderstood by anyone participating in this
discussion!) is that data is typically sensitive for a limited period of
time.  The fact that you could crack a password in a year becomes quite
irrelevant if the protected data is no longer sensitive after a month.
Intelligently archiving older data that doesn't need to remain on-line helps
this situation.

--
Seth Kurtzberg