Subject: Re: rfc2228 in ftpd (on topic for a change)
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Aidan Cully <aidan@kublai.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/04/2002 04:17:06
On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 07:07:16PM +0200, Johan Danielsson wrote:
> Aidan Cully <aidan@kublai.com> writes:
> > The Heimdal FTP client isn't fully RFC compliant, and I've sent a
> > couple of messages to heimdal-discuss describing the problem and how
> > to fix it, but never heard anything back.
>
> Heimdal development has been in some kind of limbo lately.  I should
> pull myself together and make a relase some time soon. There are just
> a few things to fix first...
>
> I think I've actually fixed (pretty much like you suggested) this ftp
> bug. Should test some more though.

Great!  That makes me happy...  (also happy that the message is
on-topic. :-)

> I think we'll probably just (again) steal the NetBSD ftp code once you
> integrate the sec stuff. There has been some development in the ftp
> directory since last time we took it. :-)

I should say that I thought I'd be able to put this in by now, but I've
been impossibly busy for the last several days, and made some largish
changes to the patch when I was auditing it for memory leaks, buffer
logic, &c..  I could commit it, but I wouldn't be adequately able to
deal with whatever fallout there might be, so I don't think I'll be able
to do so 'til probably August.

--aidan