Subject: Re: bsd-cert (was: Re: filtering)
To: Steven M. Bellovin <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/03/2002 09:43:56
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 08:50:22AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> So -- I propose creation of "BSD-CERT", to be composed of the security
> officers from the different groups, plus representatives of the release
> engineering teams.

I think this is an excellent idea, and I like your proposed outline
of how it could work.

> 	The relevant mailing lists should be run by a neutral party.

Definitely.  I think Dave Ahmad deserves a round of thanks for
suggesting a list hosted at SecurityFocus.  That seems quite
appropriate if it's possible.

 Allen Briggs               Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...