Subject: DNS question, a bit off topic.
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: joe bsd <joebsd1@yahoo.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 05/02/2002 12:24:29
I recently made changes to my dns records
at joker.com.
ns1.awesomeopossum.com  should now resolve to 12.234.130.218.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it resolves to the old address:
 12.234.138.62.
This happens if I use my isp's dns server to resolve these addresses.
ns5.attbi.com.

root@ns1 /etc/namedb # nslookup ns1.awesomeopossum.com ns5.attbi.com
Server:  ns5.attbi.com
Address:  204.127.202.4

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    ns1.awesomeopossum.com
Address:  12.234.130.218

root@ns1 /etc/namedb # nslookup ns1.awesomeopossum.com ns5.attbi.com
Server:  ns5.attbi.com
Address:  204.127.202.4

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    ns1.awesomeopossum.com
Address:  12.234.138.62

If I use b.ns.joker.com to resolve the address it get's the
correct address all the time.  But using a.ns.joker.com, it get this:

root@ns1 /etc/namedb # nslookup ns1.awesomeopossum.com a.ns.joker.com
*** Can't find server name for address 194.176.0.2: Timed out
*** Default servers are not available

Does anybody have any clues about why I'm having these problems?
Is anybody having similar problems?

  Guy