Subject: system listens strange port when bind starts
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: None <ish@computel.ru>
List: tech-security
Date: 02/22/2002 17:03:37
Colleagues!

I just downloaded and installed the NetBSD 1.5.2 /i386.
The BIND 8.2.3 is bundled, so I enabled it as is and set up the zone.
The actual NetBSD machine is installed in network with reserved
addresses (192.168...)

Q1: Named listens for the non standard port such as 56147 or 64930.
I restarted named several time and notice ports in the range between
5000 and 7000.
What is it?

Q2: I set up reverce zone for a number of internal machines, but
named is still searching outside world for the info about
internal computers. Is it a bug or what?
May be I described the reverce zone wrong?

Best regards,

Igor