Subject: Re: openssl (libcrypto) repaired for non-32bit arch
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net, tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 09/30/2000 16:44:54
Date: 30 Sep 2000 16:44:54 -0000
From: eeh@netbsd.org
To: itojun@iijlab.net, tech-security@netbsd.org

		openssl (libcrypto) has been broken for non-32bit architecture,
		like Alpha.  i've committed a fix to main trunc (netbsd-current).

		it was confirmed to be working fine on Alpha and i386, but i need your
		help to make sure it works on all the architectures.
		if you could, please run some of the test programs ships with openssl,
		and test those.  for example, to test big number arithmetic, the
		following should do:
		% cd src/crypto/dist/openssl/crypto/bn
		% cc bntest.c -lcrypto
		% ./a.out
		please send me (or the list) happy or sad results.
		note that shlib major/minor is not cranked.  if it is necessary, i will.
		(after discussion thorpej/cgd convinced me that it is not necessary)

O.K.  bntest seems to be working but RSA is still not happy.

Eduardo Horvath