Subject: Re: Weekly BSD Security Digest 2000/07/10 to 2000/07/16
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/26/2000 11:56:49
  by mail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 26 Jul 2000 15:57:36 -0000
	by riff.ilan.net (8.10.2/8.9.3) id e6QFuoh08077
	for tech-security@netbsd.org; Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:56:50 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:56:49 -0400
From: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
To: tech-security@netbsd.org

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 11:37:13AM -0400, RJ Atkinson wrote:
> At 01:20 26/07/00 , Luke Mewburn wrote:
> >But as people mentioned earlier, just disable the remote login support
> >in the xdm Xaccess config file if you don't need X-terminal support...
>
> I'd say that this ought to be disabled in the default shipping
> configuration.  Maybe there could be a README.netbsd file in the
> /usr/X11/ directory with notes on how the NetBSD defaults might
> vary from XFree86 defaults and where the config files/knobs exist ?

There are a number of NetBSD boxes that I've set up that I use it on, so
I wouldn't want it compiled out, but if it were commented out in the
config file that would be reasonable, IMHO.  Especially if there's a
comment briefly explaining what the config line means.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin@elfie.org