Subject: X-Bone Project
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: tech-security
Date: 05/25/2000 08:26:56
  by mail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 25 May 2000 13:26:57 -0000
	by wheaton.wheaton.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id IAA09010;
	Thu, 25 May 2000 08:26:56 -0500 (CDT)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 08:26:56 -0500 (CDT)
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
To: tech-security@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org

Dear NetBSDers,
   I'm looking around for stuff related to vpns and IPSec.  I've come
across the X-Bone project at USC (ISI):
   Is there support or work in progress for a port to NetBSD and if not
is there support or work in progress for IPIP tunnels and virutal
interfaces and renumbering of interfaces on the fly?
   From there FAQ:
===
Will there be support for Win98 / Win2000 / Solaris / MacOS / NetBSD /
etc.?

     The X-Bone requires support for IPIP tunnels and virtual
interfaces. It also requires renumbering interfaces on the fly, and
setting up routes.
     As such, some current operating systems (notably Win98, Mac pre-X,
and Solaris pre 2.8) cannot easily be supported, as far as we understand.
     Support for other systems, e.g., Win2000, Solaris 2.8, MacOS-X, is
expected to be underway this summer. We do not currently plan to port to
other BSD's; such ports should be comparatively trivial.
     Some components of the distribution also require other facilities,
e.g., IPSEC, X.509/SSL, or the Apache web server.
===

TIA for any information.
johnh...