Subject: Re: Fix for PR security/8069: man(1) vulnerability
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/26/1999 19:55:42
tron@zhadum.de (Matthias Scheler) writes:

>I would like to see a group "uucp", too. But AFAIK we don't have an
>automatical mechanism to add missing groups. Thus people will need
>to do it manually during their next update. Do we want that?

That hasn't stopped us from doing it before.  If you want to go ahead, be my
guest.

It's probably worth checking whether the uucp group has the same numeric id

on the various SYSV systems and to use that number if possible.
--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)