Subject: Re: cryptosrc-intl
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/14/1999 23:37:29
    Chris> Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca> writes:
    >> How would people feel about providing a stock
    >> "librsa.so.0.0"
    >>
    >> that provides linkages but no actual code. Any routine that is called would
    >> either abort(), or possibly something else. That way code can be linked
    >> against it without worrying about whether or not the code really existss.

    Chris> I'm not sure this is such a good idea.

    Chris> a common reason why things "link against' other things is for
    Chris> autoconfiguration a la 'configure'... and if the resulting functions
    Chris> don't work you'll get programs that are configured for features which
    Chris> don't exist.

    Chris> What actual problem is it meant to solve?

  Things in cryptosrc, i.e. ISAKMP implementations [pluto (aka dwightd) or
racoond] that one might to distribute in binary form and permit people who
can run RSA to just drop in the library.
  I agree that the ./configure is a problem, but i'm think it can be solved.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [