Subject: Re: export controls
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/23/1999 14:04:06
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

: >   My feeling is that we import all of KAME into cryptosrc-intl, get it
: > working, and then move stuff into syssrc as appropriate.
:
: No!  This is _not_ the way things are done in the NetBSD project.  Please
: remember that though cryptosrc-intl is not part of the "main" NetBSD
: repository that lives on cvs.netbsd.org, it is still part of the Project's
: source tree.
:
: The whole *point* of itojun's work is to avoid this kind of duplication
: and lunacy.

And the non-crypto kernel code, at least, will get a significant amount of
pounding even from people who couldn't care less about IPsec.  (From what I
have seen of the existing IPv6 stacks, even IPv4-only hosts will still be
affected by the netinet changes, so all the testing we can get is good.)

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)