Subject: Re: Background on cryptosrc-intl proposal
To: None <>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/23/1999 00:05:43
On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 08:45:50PM -0400, Michael C. Richardson wrote:
>   I'd like to start a discussion on what to include in the initial
> cryptosrc-intl tree. This serves as background. It has been discussed
> by netbsd-developers for some time.

Please keep in mind that it's not really acceptable to import anything which
would cause the system, when built as a binary distribution and shipped by
an arbitrary vendor, to violate intellectual property laws.  For example,
RSA may be out of the question until the patent expires, and IDEA certainly