Subject: Re: Background on cryptosrc-intl proposal
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/23/1999 00:05:43
On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 08:45:50PM -0400, Michael C. Richardson wrote:

>   I'd like to start a discussion on what to include in the initial
> cryptosrc-intl tree. This serves as background. It has been discussed
> by netbsd-developers for some time.

Please keep in mind that it's not really acceptable to import anything which
would cause the system, when built as a binary distribution and shipped by
an arbitrary vendor, to violate intellectual property laws.  For example,
RSA may be out of the question until the patent expires, and IDEA certainly
is.

Thor