Subject: Re: TCP sequence numbers.
To: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Joachim Baran <jbaran@hildesheim.sgh-net.de>
List: tech-security
Date: 03/25/1999 14:48:54
On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Thilo Manske wrote:
> > Unices I encountered that NetBSD manages it's TCP
> > sequence numbers in a linear way to time.
> Really? Which version?
> TCP Sequence Prediction: Class=random positive increments
> TCP Sequence Prediction: Class=random positive increments
> I always thought, nmap can detect time dependig sequence
>  numbers.
  nmap huh? Can't afford that one :>. Hm, I think it's not
exactly linear - I used tcpdump with option -x to view the
packets directly. I've seen that with the time the SEQs
increase with a very close algorithm to time.

  BTW: This's on 1.3.2 x86 and SPARC (Well - both the same
source :>).

Bye.
--
Joachim Baran                   jbaran@hildesheim.sgh-net.de