Subject: ssh buffer overflow / package?
To: None <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: tech-security
Date: 11/02/1998 13:44:03
Hi, all.

I'm not familiar with the ssh 2.x copying restrictions, but there's a fix
for the recent potential buffer overflow bugs in ssh 1.2.26 that involves
using source from 2.x.

I was wondering if someone who has the ability and inclination to make the
changes to the ssh package could do so...? I'd happily test and submit the
changes, but I expect my PR would gather lots of dust, which wouldn't be of
much use to anyone.

Thanks in advance!

Here's an informative URL:

Mason Loring
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments
  dropped from day's caravan."--Rabindranath Tagore..awake ? sleep : dream;