Subject: Re: proposed changes to /etc/security
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 07/25/1998 16:26:37
On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Martin J. Laubach wrote:

:   Well, let's do it right then. What about "+user:", "+user:*:",
: and whatever other variants are possible?

I believe the proper one is +:*:::::::: and all others would probably be
best to show up.  (Remember, this is master.passwd it checks.)

I don't think we support YP uid/gid remapping or absence of the "*" invalid
password.  Correct me if I'm wrong, please; I only use the default setup,
but I am interested in as strict a setup for this.

BTW, there are PRs open on this:  4555, 4802.