Subject: Re: solving various bug reports...
To: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/27/1997 17:55:39
At 11:44 PM 6/26/97 -0400, Andrew Brown wrote:
>and that would be it.  i *STILL* don't think it would work.  so how's
>about this for a silly solution: if an /etc/inetd.conf file exists (it
>may not if you really don't want any inet services), *INIT ITSELF*
>runs inetd after it changes the securelevel.  not rc, not rc.local,
>nothing runs it but init.  and then init can have the (optional) side
>job of making sure it stays running.  that way you can't possibly
>lose.

Well, if you wanted to go in that direction, why not have a script called
rc.post-multiuser. Have it get run by init _after_ multi-user mode is
established.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/