Subject: Re: NFS file handles are guessable.
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Kevin M. Lahey <kml@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-security
Date: 03/07/1997 09:26:53
In message <199703071658.LAA09575@jekyll.piermont.com>"Perry E. Metzger" writes
>What we really desperately need is a /dev/random...

Absolutely.  I was looking at the changes necessary to generate a more
random ISS for TCP connections (RFC1948).  It was relatively easy to
add the code to generate the ISS, but generating a random enough
seed value looked really tough.  It seemed especially ugly because
the seed was required pretty early on in the boot process, before
there was a chance to sample alot of OS events to get some randomness.

Any ideas or plans to add /dev/random?  It sure would make things
easier.

Kevin