Subject: RE: Per-user temp storage
To: 'David Brownlee' <david@mono.org>
From: Bill Rees <bill_rees@firepower.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 02/24/1997 09:10:16
This kind of race condition points to bugs in the file system code
namely link counts and lack of proper locks.  To change the semantics of
/tmp in order to fix this is going to make tons of scripts break,
confuse users and provide nothing but a hack fix at best.

Is there a reasonably accurate list of bugs surrounding /tmp?  If so,
how many can be classified as "race" conditions and probably be fixed
directly in the file system?

bill