anyone tried devel/git-remote-hg with the NetBSD HG repos?

Has anyone tried devel/git-remote-hg with the NetBSD HG repositories yet?

Any eventual success?

I want to use it with Emacs Magit and I'm thinking it might be a bit
better to try to interface directly with the anonhg repos than to go
through a GitHub clone.

I've been running a "git clone hg::http://anonhg.NetBSD.org/src/"; for a
few hours now and it seems to have done the HG clone part and now it is
having fun doing something with various branches that's taking a very
long time.

BTW, the manual strongly recommends doing "git gc --aggressive" on large
repos to save space.  I find that with a direct git clone from GitHub
(an old one that had suffered at least a couple of bouts of "git reset
--hard origin/master") I was able to cut it down from 7.8GB to just
4.9GB, though it took over two hours to do so.  I haven't done it on a
fresh git clone yet, but I will on this git-remote-hg one, if/when it
finishes.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>