Moving NetBSD from CVS to svn|git|hg|fossil

Hi,

There's been lots of discussion (although not here) about moving NetBSD from CVS to something else. There are many points to discuss, so it may be worth separating discussion in to one of several threads:

Discussion of the impact on the workflow of the NetBSD project.

Discussion about the long term maintainability of the commit history of the project.

Discussion about the tools themselves, how they'll be integrated in to NetBSD, and how we will provide services for older and current NetBSD machines.

Personally, I know nothing about any of these SCMs beyond basic use of CVS, so I'm mostly concerned that any new tools have minimal impact on the size of the OS (meaning not importing Perl / Ruby / python, et cetera, in to base) and operate decently even on modest machines (meaning one shouldn't be required to have hundreds of megabytes just to check out src).

John