Re: Why I'm working on a NetBSD conversion

On Sunday 26 Oct 2014 12:22:11 Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 11:59:47AM +0100, Jens Rehsack wrote:
> > As far as I understood Joerg, that would satisfy fossil people as well.
> > But a very important point in tooling was, that the utility to checkout
> > is distributed with the base system. Neither hg nor git can satisfy here.
>
> I know this has been stated as a requirement, but just for the record: I
> disagree with it.

For another metric I agree with distributing the SCM with NetBSD.

I like the fact that NetBSD is not only self building, but also self hosting
(small http/ftp server) and self updating (current bundled csv).

Still, scmgit-base could be distributed with the base system i think as that
part doesn't rely on perl or python. I prefer fossil though.

Roy