Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM, David Holland
<dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:13:01AM +0300, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
>  > The (1) is not a problem, but just somewhat unusual for a BSD developer.
>  > Or are there any objective issues with Python, except inability to ship
>  > Python based tools within the base system?
>
> Well, that's a major issue.
>
> Keep in mind that the basic problem with Python is crosscompiling it.

Why is crosscompiling Python more of a problem than crosscompiling,
say, X11?  Are there any problems with the codebase that make this
hard?  Or is it just that someone has to write the initial reachover
Makefiles?  (I certainly don't know what you are referring to.)

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv