Re: fossil [was Re: The essential problems of moving from CVS]

On Jan 20, 2010, at 4:07 PM, Thomas Klausner wrote:

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:30:02AM -0500, D. Richard Hipp wrote:
FYI:  There has lately been a memory leak in Fossil that was
preventing it from checking out really massive projects (unless you
happen to have similarly massive amounts of RAM).  But that leak has
now been fixed.  So if you are experimenting with Fossil on NetBSD,
you would do well to pull down the latest sources and recompile.

I've updated fossil in pkgsrc to fossil-src-20100112141013 today --
is that new enough?

No. Sorry - I haven't done a "release" since the fix. I'll get something up on the website later tonight.

Or, you can apply the one-line patch at http://www.fossil-scm.org/fossil/ci/726a13d296 to the tarball shown above, to fix the memory leak problem.

Cheers,
Thomas

D. Richard Hipp