Re: The essential problems of moving from CVS

On 01/15/10 20:39, James Chacon wrote:

That doesn't mean they're cross compilable easily. That's the main thing to be concerned with here if it's going into the main source tree.

Yeah, therefore it's better to have something what can be compiled on itsself and don't has dependecies to other software.

I think first we have to decide what kind of VCS we are looking for. Do we want to have a centralized or a distributed system?
Then what features do we want to have and which would be nice.

Then we could look which of the remaining systems would be best fit...

I don't think that it would be good to jump on some train because all the others are doing it. I mean e.g. git is good for Linux, but I don't think its good for everything.

Bye...Frank