Re: git copies of cvs modules available

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 5:20 PM, S.P.Zeidler <spz%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:
> Thus wrote Curt Sampson (cjs%NetBSD.org@localhost):
>
>> > There is no need for a hack just use rsync to download git repo...
>>
>> Greg doesn't have an account on ftp.netbsd.org, and thus doesn't have
>> rsync access to the git repo (unless we made it available but unlisted;
>> it doesn't appear in the output of "rsync ftp.netbsd.org::").
>
> It's below the "NetBSD" rsync module, eg
> ftp.NetBSD.org::NetBSD/misc/repositories/git/src

I just tested that solutions.... it seems that the repo is repacked
from time to time, leading to change of filename, which must be
re-downloaded. So that solution is not really good unless pack are not
re-created every time.

What bugs me is that we oscillate between two extremes, one putting
the pressure on the server resource (git://), the other on the
network-traffic (http://, rsync://, ...). :(

 - Arnaud