Re: video of git talk

Darren Reed <darrenr%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
> Eric Gillespie wrote:
>> If I understand you correctly, this is not true.  You can
>> svn checkout from as deeply in the repository as you like,
>> e.g. 'svn co .../src/gnu' or 'svn co .../sys/sys'.  It's true
>> that you can't checkout param.h only, but if you can get just the
>> directory, is that not good enough?
>
> At least with FreeBSD, my recollection was that this didn't work
> until you had pulled a complete copy of the repository

I don't know what you do or do not recall, but the underlying claim is
not true. You can pull any directory you like at will. If you want
/trunk/foo/bar/baz, just do "svn co /trunk/foo/bar/baz" and you will
check out that subdir and only that subdir.

I can't speak to whether the other claims you made about hg and such
are true, because I haven't used those systems.

Perry