tech-repository archive

Re: what's missing from CVS? extending CVS?

"Jeremy C. Reed" <> writes:
> I saw another email said:
>> Here is a preliminary list of requirements for a version control
>> system for NetBSD.
> Can we also list which of the requirements are missing from CVS?
> Maybe a temporary or long term fix is to extend CVS?

I don't think, architecturally, CVS can handle the requirements.

CVS will never have easy/fast branching because branching requires
that you touch every file in the repo. It is difficult to imagine how
CVS would grow easy rename support or other features, either.

Perry E. Metzger