Subject: Re: Fwd: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import feature sponsored
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: tech-repository
Date: 09/12/2007 07:20:17
--51uid+Ur/3ko9cBW

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 12:33:35PM +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> [ I'm not subscribed to this list and I'm not sure if this will be=20
> delivered correctly... so please CC me any replies ]
>
> The following message arrived at the development mailing list for Monoton=
e.=20
>  Given that our CVS repository is quite complex and may have some unusual=
=20
> things in it (does it?) it'd be worth to contact Markus and expose what t=
he=20
> specific requirements for converting our repository would be.

Markus and I spoke at some length earlier this year.  He has a copy of
our repository, and together with freebsd, mozilla and a couple of
other big ones it's certainly part of his test set.  I'm also going to
be doing specific testing with a focus on our repository.

While every cvs repo this old will have some wrinkles, we've been very
careful and disciplined about maintaining data quality in ours
compared with many other projects, and on the whole I think we won't
be so badly off.

--
Dan.
--51uid+Ur/3ko9cBW