Subject: NAND driver ideas...
To: None <tech-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: tech-ports
Date: 03/08/2006 02:46:05
Well, it looks like I have to write a NAND driver, to get full usage
out of the TAMS 3011.

I have access to the driver code for the Linux side.  There's two parts;
there's general MTD NAND flash code, and there's TAMS-specific code to
provide the I/O register mapping and control lines.

This leads to a couple of questions:

1.  How clean-room do I need to be about inferring things from Linux
drivers?
2.  Where can I get good documentation so I can avoid the Linux driver,
which I probably want to avoid anyway for technical reasons?

And, of course:
3.  Is anyone else looking at this, or interested in kibitzing on such a
project?

On the one hand, this is a pretty huge chunk of code; on the other hand,
it looks as though the driver has to do all sorts of stuff to specially
handle writev and other variant calls itself, so there's probably a lot
of duplication.

-s