Subject: Re: Boot order
To: None <tech-ports@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: tech-ports
Date: 02/20/2006 05:53:20
In message <20060220112936.GA8924@drowsy.duskware.de>, Martin Husemann writes:
>On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 05:19:03AM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
>> able to specify this where it belongs -- in the config file, which is where
>> information about device dependencies ought to go.

>I disagree - this does not belong into config files, but in bus code.

How so?  We could have two systems that are of the same architecture, on one
of which a given chip MUST be initialized after the EEPROM, on another of
which it doesn't matter.  The question of whether there's a higher-level
dependency is, it seems to me, specific to a given CONFIGURATION.  Which is
what config files are supposed to represent, no?

-s