Subject: Re: Boot order
To: None <tech-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
List: tech-ports
Date: 02/20/2006 10:57:21
> of course, is to just declare a global i2c_tag_t
> variable, have the seeprom driver store its i2c tag there when it's done
> attaching, and read it from the other driver... Ugly.

I think it's a wrong practice to have NetBSD device configuration
tree literally applied to do whole initialization.  In specific, it's too
problematic to have clean/bright/smart/clever i2c "bus" device driver just
for read/write NV values or RTC manipulation.  It's off-focus to "practice
NetBSD" in that way, I believe in.  Having bus illusion to do such the
simple task in very embryonic stage is dogmatic.  Similar story would be
applied for com_cn_attach() woe (indeed they are obstacles for easy
porting and spoiling for many NetBSD instances)

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology