Subject: Re: Well, that was easier than I thought.
To: None <tech-ports@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: tech-ports
Date: 02/18/2006 10:00:39
In message <mtud5hkbr81.fsf@contents-vnder-pressvre.mit.edu>, "Nathan J. Willia
ms" writes:
>seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
>
>> Issue #3:  I don't know what this is:
>> IBM PPC 405GP PCI Bridge (host bridge, revision 0x21) at pci0 dev 0 function 0 not configured
>> Since every device I can immediately think of is working, I'm not sure what I'm missing.
>
>That's the CPU's own interface to the PCI bus, presented to software
>as another PCI device. It may have some interesting registers to poke,
>or it may not.

Okay.  It looks like I probably don't need it.

I've cleaned up my todo list.  I found the PHY that's on the emac0; it's
just a relative of the 843 that nsphyter drives, and it seems to work with the
same driver.

I have found from the block diagram that the pbus is used to connect the
NAND flash, so I will need to get that working to get the flash going.  The
machine has the curious trait that it hangs on reboot, and crashes into the
debugger on halt... But the debugger can reboot cleanly!

-s