Subject: Re: Newbie looking to figure out how to do a port!
To: None <tech-ports@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: tech-ports
Date: 02/17/2006 12:23:59
In message <20060217182452.GG29493@canolog.ninthwonder.com>, Allen Briggs write
s:
>Check to be sure that they're properly set if you're not using the
>network to boot.  I.e., if you have the kernel in flash and you're
>booting from that.  I've seen loaders that only configure the network
>when you run ping or tftp.  I don't recall if RedBoot is one of these
>or not.

Nope, it's not.  It comes up automatically.  Which may or may not be ideal,
but it's how they set it up.

Leaving me with the PCI mapping and interrupt fixup to figure out, and
possibly after that problems with the sis driver, a missing PHY driver (ukphy
seems to work), and a missing NAND flash driver.

I'm gonna see whether my "customer" (loosely speaking) is interested in
encouraging the creation of a NAND flash driver.

-s